Now that you’ve got a great interpretive or wayfinding sign or exhibit, you’ll need to get it out there where the public can see it. Over the past 30+ years, we’ve been able to offer a solution for every type of installation.
We design and fabricate a wide variety of mount solutions and structures using an assortment of materials: wood, plastic, aluminum or steel, all for outdoor use. We use the toughest materials we can, and we powder coat our steel and aluminum products with rugged outdoor grade polyester finishes.
SAGE MOUNT SOLUTIONS
Our proprietary sign mount system is called SAGE MOUNT SOLUTIONS. The SAGE system uses the 3” x 3” aluminum posts (or a wood posts) topped with a “Flying V” SAGE mount plate. There are four sizes of “Flying V” mount plate. For signs that mount vertically on the post, we offer a flat mount plate; 10” x 14” is stocked.
Our most versatile post is 3” x 3” square aluminum, made to any length, powder coated in textured black. The corners are bevelled to prevent chipping. We can make any size, but most common are:
Interpretive Sign Post – for angled viewing
- 36” above grade (24” below grade) or deck mount, 36” above grade (with 5”x5” baseplate) or a stubby post with 5” x 5” baseplate for low walls or rails
- The post top is flat, designed to use a 45 degree angle “Flying V” mount plate
- Use one post and one mount plate for signs up to 5 square feet
- Use two posts and one larger mount plate for signs over 5 square feet
Interpretive or Wayfinding Sign Post – for vertical viewing
- 24-36” below grade, any length above grade
- uses a flat mount plate of various sizes to suit sign size
- 3” x 3” aluminum, finished in black textured exterior grade powder coat
- choose either direct bury or with a 5” x 5” baseplate for surface mounting
- corners are bevelled to prevent chipping
- any length desired
SAGE MOUNT PLATES
Our most versatile type is the “Flying V”, angled 45 degrees for either wood or aluminum posts. We stock three sizes, which seem to fit the vast majority of interpretive “trail” type signs, but we can make larger or smaller ones. All mount plates are finished in a tough, black textured polyester powder coat. Choose the largest mount plate that’s smaller than your sign.
SAGE “FLYING V” MOUNT PLATES
- 12” x 12” – for single post (wood or aluminum), custom pedestal, or rail; has a 4 hole pattern
- 16” x 20” – for single post (wood or aluminum), custom pedestal, or rail; has a 10 hole pattern
- 16” x 32” – for double post (wood or aluminum), custom pedestal, or rail; has a 12 hole pattern
VARIOUS MOUNT PLATES & BRACKETS
A mount plate is the gizmo between the sign and the post, pedestal, wall or rail. The mount plate attaches to the structure; the sign attaches to the mount plate. Simple! Over the years, we’ve created dozens of mount plate sizes and designs, depending on the requirement. We might have what you need in stock.
A bracket is a right-angled “L” support with a hundred uses. We use them a lot on vertical signs that span two posts, or fit between two posts. One leg attaches to the post, the other to the sign. Simple!
We stock these sizes:
- 1.5” x 1.5” x 11”
- 2” x 2” x 26”
- 2” x 2” x 32”
Have you got a sign mounting problem in search of a solution? Have a look at some photos of mount plates and brackets that we’ve created over the years. If we don’t have it in stock, we can make more. I’ll get Danny Boy on it right away!