HPL DESIGN GUIDE • FILE SETUP
- Set up the document size to 100% of the final finished size.
- Submit individual panel files, please do not “gang” panels in a single document or single–page. Each unique panel needs to be an individual file.
- Lab Sample Artwork (if required): create an 8” x 10” file for each lab sample requested. Lab samples can be a single 8”x 10” crop of the panel artwork or a combination of sample areas and colors. IMPORTANT: lab sample artwork must be created in the same file format as the panel artwork using the same color profile. You may also indicate on a print-out an individual 8” x 10” area to be color proofed.
- Fonts: if submitting “native” files or Hi Res PDF’s, send your fonts folder.
- Placed Images: don’t forget to include any embedded scans, logos, etc. If links have text, make sure they are converted to outlines. Raster Images: 150-250 dpi (higher res files will not print sharper images).
IMPORTANT: Scanned images need to be at 150 dpi minimum at full size.
- Bleed: include a minimum of 0.25” bleed in panel artwork.
- Graphic elements (text, photos, drops shadows, or any elements that are not intended to be bleeding off the sides) should be placed a minimum of 0.5” from finished edges.
- Edge Borders: any perimeter border must have a minimum of 0.25” width.
- Inset borders: required to be set back a minimum of 0.5” from finished edges.
- Vector cutline (where to cut the panel) must be provided on a separate layer.
- Pantone Solid Coated colors must be specified for critical color matches.
- Shop Drawings: include drawings that will clarify any and all hole sizes and locations, special cuts, bevels, etc.
- Submittal letter (or “read me” file): include a detailed list of panel size, quantity, finish, etc.
- Reference Proofs (not for color matching): send paper or PDF proofs for reference, write panel size and quantity on each.
- Color Match Samples: (if requested) a hard copy of the printed piece and/or a sample of the material to be color matched will be necessary before production begins. NOTE: color matching is a pre-press service. You’ll be asked to sign off on a color match estimate before the order proceeds.